Friday, June 10, 2016

The Path Less Traveled

This forest is huge!

Seriously though, I feel like I've been in here for days.

Ok, so maybe I've gotten lost a couple of times, but I swear I've passed the same set of trees like six or seven times already.

Maybe I just need to admit that I have no idea where I am and ask for help.  But then again, that would require finding someone nearby who can help me.  I haven't seen a single soul except for the guy hanging out waiting for his friends.  He said his friends really wanted to catch some Bug-type Pokemon, but he was really afraid of bugs, so he was just going to wait for them here.  If I remember, he did seem to say that his friends really liked battling their Pokemon.  Maybe I'll be able to get a battle and ask for directions at the same time?

Oh.  Maybe I should also clarify, I really have only been in the forest for a few hours.  It's just seemed like days because I've gotten lost so often.

A bright spot, the first Pokemon I came across during my foray into the forest was a Kakuna.  It looked really wicked, but it wasn't until after I managed to catch it using Pidgey and Nidoran that I found out this Kakuna can't really do anything except Harden its shell.

Stupid bet with Blue.  Stupid bug Pokemon.

My Pokedex did say that Kakuna is in the process of evolving, so maybe it'll turn into something useful?

-----------------------------

So I managed to find a couple of that guy's friends.  And find my way deeper into the forest.  Turns out, it's not that hard to navigate, you just have to make sure you follow the well worn path instead of going off on your own.

Go figure.

Charmander was really helpful when trying to fight these bug type Pokemon trainers though.  His Ember attack really tore through their string shots.  And Nidoran easily took down the Weedles, even with their Poison Sting attacks.

I've been trying to get Kakuna to do that poison sting, since it turns out that Kakuna is the evolved form of Weedle, but to no avail.  I guess I'll keep trying.
-----------------------------

Kakuna evolved!  And I found my way out of the forest.  But first things first.  Kakuna evolved!
That's right, my own little poison bug Pokemon finally came out of its cocoon and became a Beedrill!

And what's the first thing my Beedrill did?

That's right.  It used Harden.  Super frustrating, I know.  But I'm going to try and keep working with it to see if it can perform any other attacks.

It wasn't long after Beedrill evolved that we made it to Pewter City at last.  And it's safe to say that the bonds I've forged with Nidoran and Charmander are stronger than ever.  Although, I feel like I've neglected my Pidgey over the past several hours, so maybe the two of us will spend some time together after dinner.

Pewter City seems to be pretty small.  I can see the museum that our class went to when I was in 8th grade.  I wonder if they still have that Kabutops fossil?  Maybe I'll go check it out tomorrow.

I can't seem to find the Pokemon gym though.  Guess it's on the outskirts of town?  I'll explore that too.  I've heard that Brock is the only serious trainer around.  And I've also heard that he's the one to distribute the BoulderBadge.

Although my Pokemon and I are a strong team, I'm not sure I'm quite up to facing a gym leader yet.  I want to keep growing and training first.     

No comments:

Post a Comment