Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Bird Keeper Red?

I'm wondering if I ought to change my name to Bird Keeper Red.  It seems like I seem to attract Pidgey's everywhere I go.

Let me back up, cause it's been a couple days since I last checked in with the blog.  Because someone (*cough, cough, me) forgot to charge his laptop at the Pokemon Center before leaving Pewter City.  Whoops?.

But my team travelled through Route 3 - pretty successfully I might add!  There were several trainers who talked about having to come through the Mt. Moon area.  And after checking out the town map I got from Blue's sister, it appears that Mt. Moon will be up next on my trip.

Route 3 was a lot longer than I expected it to be.  Good thing I got camping supplies and picked up more food before I left Pewter City, even though I did forget to charge the laptop.  (When will I let myself get over that?)

Charmander, Beedrill, Pidgey, Nidoran, and I had some really great Pokemon battles with some of the other kids hanging out around the Route too.  And we even found a couple of older hikers who were willing to give us a challenge.  I don't think they were really expecting my team and I to be really great at this Pokemon battling thing.

Our biggest challenge was this woman who sent out a Clefairy.  The Clefairy kept singing at Charmander, which made him fall asleep.  And then it had a vicious slapping attack.  I really thought poor Charmander might have had it.  So I pulled him out and sent in Nidoran.  Even though Clefairy tried to Sing Nidoran to sleep, Nidoran shook it off and actually showed a new attack, a Poison Sting.  Clefairy finally caved after that.  I couldn't figure out why the woman kept flirting with me during the battle though.  That was weird.

After that battle though, I decided to set up camp for the night.  When Charmander woke up from his nap, we cooked dinner and then played a little bit before bed.

Next day we found the first wild Pokemon we saw on Route 3.  And guess what it was?

That's right (if you remember from the beginning of the blog)! A Pidgey.  Which, in case you've been keeping up with the math, makes the third wild Pidgey I've encountered on 3 different routes.

And because I'm not one to cheat or no longer play by the rules, I caught it.  The way Beedrill and I fought in tandem was enough to convince Pidgey I was a worthy trainer, so it allowed itself to be caught.

Not long after we encountered the Pidgey, we found a pretty steep path that led to the Pokemon Center right outside the tunnel through Mt. Moon.

After letting my Pokemon rest, I plugged in the laptop and decided to put Pidgey in the PC.  I don't need to have more than one of them with me.  And who knows what I might find in Mt. Moon!

As you can tell, the laptop finally turned on.  So after signing off here, I might go play with Charmander, Nidoran, Pidgey, and Beedrill some more.  I don't want to be stuck in the middle of Mt. Moon after dark.  I've heard that it only takes a few hours to get through and then you're pretty much in Cerulean City, so I'll just do that tomorrow.

But before I go, I should mention two things of note.  One, some guy tried to sell me a fish Pokemon.  It was tempted, but I remembered the rules of the bet, no buying Pokemon.  So I didn't buy it.

And then, I saw a sign warning folks about this group called Team Rocket that was hanging out in the caves trying to steal Pokemon fossils.  I better be extra careful so none of my team gets snagged by them.

No comments:

Post a Comment