Wednesday, June 8, 2016

My (Second) Very First Pokemon

Well, Charmander and I made it back to Viridian City.  And we actually got there with very little problems.  In fact, we didn't encounter a single Pokemon.  A far cry from our first trip up to the big city.   

We skipped the Pokemon center because it only took us about an hour to get up here and headed into the PokeMart instead.  Alex was still working there.  I hope the poor guy got to have a little break since I was in there yesterday afternoon!  After catching up with him and showing off my Charmander (poor guy, his local gym leader has been missing, so they've had to depend on this old man in the area to give them Pokemon, and he just got a Weedle!) I got to to make my first Pokemon trainer purchase - about a dozen PokeBalls!

It was a good thing dad had me set aside some money to save up for this day, otherwise I would have been in trouble.  Dad, if you're reading this, thanks!

I guess Charmander and I will go hang out near Route 1 and hope we find a Pokemon?  I'd hate for Blue to show me up before we've even really gotten started!

-----------------------------------

I did it!

I got to catch my first Pokemon, instead of being given one.  It was a Pidgey!  Apparently this is a bird Pokemon and is actually quite common.  But I don't care, it's always going to be a little special because I managed to catch it...well, Charmander and I caught it together.

It was really cool, Pidgey and Charmander went back and forth, Pidgey returning Charmander's scratches with gusts of its own.  But after a few rounds, Pidgey looked like it needed a brief break, so I threw the PokeBall.  And I guess it was tired or maybe it respected the way Charmander and I fought together, so it didn't resist hardly at all.

I think the three of us will head back into the Pokemon Center for a quick rest and then I want to spend some time playing around with Pidgey this afternoon.  I heard that the Pokemon League runs to the west of Viridian City, so I think the three of us will head that way after lunch.



-----------------------------------

Pidgey and Charmander are turning out to be quite the dynamic duo.  The two are really getting along and seem to be a great tag-team.  It turned out that after lunch I was too excited to even take a nap, so the three of us spent the hottest part of the day playing around the Pokemon Center.  Pidgey warmed up to me really quickly and after playing around for a little bit, it even showed me a move I hadn't seen before Sand Attack.  I tried to get Charmander to do it too, but he didn't seem to quite catch the hang of it.  Oh well.

When the sun started to go down, I took off towards the Pokemon League, but I had hardly taken two or three steps out of town when a Nidoran jumped out at me.  I found out later that it was the male version of the Pokemon, but not until after Pidgey and I weakened it enough that I could capture it.

Although, it did take me quite a while to capture the Nidoran, I was quite pleased that at the end of today I had caught not only one, but two Pokemon.  And I didn't break any of the rules that Blue and I had laid out for our bet.

Unfortunately, after catching Nidoran, the sun was almost completely past the horizon and I could hear my stomach rumbling.  Since I was in such a hurry to buy PokeBalls, I completely forgot to buy anything for dinner.  I guess my little party of four will troop back to the Pokemon Center for dinner and maybe we'll even score a nice bed for the night.

Our trip to the Pokemon League will just have to wait until morning.  And I'll have to be better prepared for adventuring too!


No comments:

Post a Comment