Thursday, June 9, 2016

Battle of the Blue (Rematch)

This morning I set off down Route 22 to see the Pokemon League.  However, I didn't get too far down the road before Blue showed up.

I know it's only been a couple of days, but Blue seems to have changed even more than the last time I saw him.  There's something...intriguing about him.  Something I can't quite wrap my mind around yet.  And there's...I don't know...maybe it's those eyes?

Oh...sorry, got distracted for a minute.  Right, so Blue showed up and up and challenged Charmander and I to a Pokemon battle.  It turns out that he has managed to catch a Pidgey too, and it looks like he's put in some serious work in trying to make it more powerful.  In the middle of our battle, Charmander decided that it trusted me enough to show me a really powerful Ember attack.  And poor Pidgey, even though it tried to Gust away Charmander was no match for the vicious Ember.  It was burned to a crisp in no time.

I feel a little bad though.  Cause it looks like Pidgey wasn't going to make it.  I'm sorry Blue.

But then Blue sent out his Squirtle.  One hit from the Squirtle showed me Charmander's fire couldn't quite stand up to the water Pokemon moves.  So I sent out my new Nidoran instead.  Even though those Bubbles slowed Nidoran down a little, Nidoran also showed me a really cool Horn Attack after Leering at Squirtle a couple of times.  My little Nidoran's Horn Attack managed to pierce Squirtle's hard defenses and Blue conceded defeat.

After complaining about that I was cheating by having three Pokemon while he only had two - even after I showed him my Pokedex about how all of the Pokemon I've obtained were allowed to be mine by the rules of the bet, Blue took off.

As he was leaving, he muttered something about heading north to Pewter City, saying that his Squirtle shouldn't have any problems with Brock's Rock type Pokemon and that he'd have his first Pokemon League badge before me.

I think my Pokemon companions and I will still try and head over to the Pokemon League though and see what all the fuss is about.

------------------------------

Turns out, you can't actually enter the Pokemon League unless you have these things called badges.  The guard told me that he wasn't allowed to let me pass unless I could show him the BoulderBadge.

I wonder if that's what Blue was talking about when he left earlier?  

Well, I guess I'll have to head back to Viridian City and then plan my next steps after lunch.  I'm glad that I was able to get an early start this morning, so that even my battle with Blue didn't slow me down too much.  I should be able to grab a bite to eat and then grab some camping gear and food before taking off again. 

After looking at the town map, it looks like I should be able to make it to Viridian Forest by dark.  

------------------------------

So I made it to Viridian Forest.  It didn't take any time at all for me to make it back to Viridian City, and I was able to get all of my adventure shopping done while hanging out at the Pokemon Center waiting for Charmander, Pidgey, and Nidoran to rest up.  

Our little gang then worked our way to Route 2.  I found another Pidgey not long after we set off, and abiding by the rules of our bet, captured it with relative ease.  I figured it couldn't hurt to have another Pokemon on my team, even if it meant I had two of the same kind, right?

However, after making a quick call to Professor Oak, it turns out that I could send on my second Pidgey to a PC system run by someone who knows a lot about Pokemon.  I decided that I'd send Pidgey number two there, just in case I found a really cool Pokemon in the forest.  Plus, I don't want both Pidgeys to get hurt and unable to fight at the same time.

Not long after that, I found the entrance to the forest and decided to set up camp in a nice little clearing I found.  Charmander, Pidgey, Nidoran and I wanted to play a little bit before we made dinner together.  Charmander's Ember ability was quite helpful when setting up camp.  

Looks like we'll start making our way through the forest tomorrow.  The town map Blue's sister gave me isn't really helpful for things like this forest, so I hope I don't get lost.

Pewter City, and Brock, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment